The FLOW PROGRAM is an exciting new transdisciplinary research project of the African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI) of the University of Cape Town (UCT) that is funded by the South African National Treasury and Meshfield.
Meshfield has conceptualised and designed the FLOW project and is also ACDI’s implementation partner.
To improve and support local wellbeing and self determination. It is designed to specifically address the following key South African challenges:
- Poverty, inequality and dependency
- Youth unemployment and lack of skills
- Environmental challenges (eg. climate change, resource depletion, pollution, and others)
- Lack of money to do projects and start businesses
The FLOW project focuses on:
- youth leadership and skills development
- local economic development through facilitated community exchange.
The program has a strong emphasis on bolstering local adaptive capacity to climate change through developing social and green entrepreneurial skills and opportunities.